Welcome to Hands on london
Registered with the Charity Commision (Charity No.#), Hands On London was founded in 2010 and is the local affiliate of Hands On Network (HON), the global umbrella organisation which is head-quartered and registered in the United States.
Our aim is to be the first point of contact for Londoners who want to get involved with community service.
We use a tried and tested volunteerism model (over 250 locations in the US and over 60 locations in 30 other countries have benefitted from this model) which gives us the tools to enable and facilitate between volunteers and charity and community groups.
- To help London charities, not-for-profits and community organisations meet their volunteer needs
- To enable individuals and organisations to give back to the community in a way that really works – to allow them to be the change they want to see
We partner with local charities and community groups to develop their volunteering need and to help them create opportunities which add impact to their core work.
We offer a wide range of volunteer projects including activities with children, assisting in soup kitchens, working to improve the environment, helping the elderly and people with disabilities.
- To promote volunteering and community service as a central aspect of life in London.
- To provide more flexible and convenient volunteer opportunities for busy Londoners.
- To create innovative, high-impact ways of making valuable contributions to people’s lives.
- To offer diverse volunteer opportunities, which address a wide variety of issues such as: poverty, education, youth, disability and the environment.
- To support charity/community groups and corporate partners with volunteer project design and implementation.
- To provide a high-quality experience for each volunteer, charity and businesses that works with HOL.
We aim to serve local charities, community groups and volunteers in four primary ways:
We work with charities to recruit volunteers for their existing activities and also to recruit and manage volunteers for new projects to improve and extend their core work.
We provide a Project Team Leader for each group volunteer activity. These leaders act as coordinators, liaising with the volunteers and charities, handling logistics and taking part in the volunteer activity to ensure the project runs smoothly.
Flexibility is a key aspect in each volunteer activity. We provide convenient opportunities for busy volunteers with limited time.
There is no long-term commitment and volunteers can register and sign up for activities online through the HOL website, where they can view volunteer opportunities for many different charities in one place; easy and time saving!
While flexibility is important, so is the quality of the experience for our volunteers and charity partners.
We strive to provide meaningful, ‘hands-on’ activities and most of our projects involve some direct interaction with the charity beneficiaries, through socialising, playing games or learning a new skill. We always aim for a positive impact on the charities we work with, their beneficiaries and our volunteers. Win, Win, Win!
Our partner charity and community groups
Charities and community groups for the elderly 50 Rehabilitiation charities 50
Click edit button to change this text.