Hands On London Volunteer Membership Policy and Terms and Conditions
Hands On London (HOL) strives to serve its registered volunteers by offering quality, flexible volunteering opportunities throughout the community. Its contribution to its charity partners and the London community depends largely on the involvement, commitment, and professionalism of each of its volunteers.
HOL proudly offers the opportunity for individuals and its charity partners to register on HOL’s network for free. In return, and as a valued member of the HOL network, we simply ask that you review and adhere to these Terms & Conditions.
The definitions used in these Terms & Conditions are set out at the end of this document.
You must comply with these Terms and Conditions if you volunteer on any HOL Opportunity and/or use the Website. Although you must read these Terms and Conditions in full, we think the most important points for you are:
- As a HOL volunteer on any Opportunity, you are expected to adhere to the sign up and cancellation procedure on the Website, turn up on time to the Opportunity to which you have signed up, and act responsibly at all times during the Opportunity.
- You must be 16 or over or have parental consent to view or use the Website or participate in an Opportunity.
- You must comply with our House Rules when you contribute Content to the Website. The Provider websites are independent from us, and therefore we have some but not complete no control over the Opportunities they offer on HOL’s website. HOL is therefore not responsible and can accept no liability for the Opportunities.
- Just because an Opportunity is shown on the Website, does not mean it is available. However, we strive to maintain the availability schedule of every Opportunity as current and accurate as possible.
- We and/or any Provider reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and your membership of the HOL network immediately at any time.
- Your commitment
- You must be 16 or over to participate in any Opportunity, unless the Opportunity states otherwise. HOL asks that you act responsibly as a registered member of its network and take your role as a volunteer seriously.
- Your participation in an HOL Opportunity that you have signed up for is extremely important. Each Opportunity can only accommodate a limited number of volunteers. This means that HOL and its charity partners rely on each volunteer to show up on the day of the activity to ensure that the activity is successful.
- As volunteer spots for each Opportunity are limited, spaces fill up quickly and typically have a waiting list of volunteers. Volunteers who fail to show up to an activity or fail to cancel in advance can reduce the success of an activity, prevent available “waitlisted” volunteers from participating in a given activity, and damage the reputation of HOL volunteers amongst its Providers.
- While HOL understands that the schedules and availability of its volunteers may change, HOL asks that as a registered member of its network, you agree to
- sign up only for those Opportunities that fit your schedule and which you are certain you are available to attend;
- contact us by email at email@example.com or call the HOL Volunteer Project Coordinator on at the number provided in the email confirmation of your place on the volunteer activity within 48 hours of a volunteer activity (or as soon as possible), should you be unable to attend an activity for which you have already signed up;
- dress appropriately according to the Opportunity;
- conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner at all times at any HOL sponsored or supported Opportunity or other event.
- Website use
- Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not alter the Website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Website or our equipment or software.
- You agree that HOL may at any time and without prior notice to you replace or amend these Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of this Website after amendments are made means you accept the Terms and Conditions as updated. You should therefore visit this page regularly to review the Terms and Conditions.
- You must be 16 or over or have parental consent to view or use the Website or participate in an Opportunity.
- You must keep secret any password you have and not let any other person or organisation use it. You must notify us immediately of any suspected misuse of your password.
- HOL does not guarantee that the information contained in the Website is accurate, verified or complete. HOL accepts no liability if you or any person or organisation relies on or uses the information.
- HOL does not guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is suitable to use the Website.
- Information you provide to us
- You agree that any information you provide to us is true.
- Online materials
Where content on the Website is supplied by others we do not control or endorse such content in any way.
- Copyright and monitoring
The content of the Website is owned by HOL or third parties. No content from the Website may be copied, used or reproduced without our written consent, except where it is used for research and non-commercial use where no consent is required. Please send your written requests to use content from the Website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linked sites and Providers
- When you access any other website through the Website (including Provider websites) you understand that it is independent from HOL and that we have no control over that website, or the services offered through it.
- Where an Opportunity is posted on the Website, we cannot guarantee that it will be available and HOL has no control over its availability.
- In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website, we accept no liability.
- HOL accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by your participation in an Opportunity. Any concerns or complaints regarding any Opportunity should be directed to the Provider.
- HOL shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by your use of another website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to email@example.com
- If we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £200. (This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation).
- We may assign, transfer, replace HOL or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- If any term of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms shall continue to be valid.
- These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website are governed by English law and you are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Except in respect of a payment obligation to us, neither you nor HOL will be held liable for any failure to perform any obligation to the other due to causes beyond your reasonable control.
- Failure or delay by either party to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these Terms and Conditions shall not be a waiver of that obligation or right.
- Except where Providers are provided with rights under these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- All contact or notices to be given in relation to these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be given:
- to us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- to you, via these Terms and Conditions or at the email address you provide when register on the Website as a volunteer (or later update).
- Notice will be deemed received when an e-mail is received in full.
- House Rules
If you use the Website (including upload any Content), you agree to accept the following house rules at all times:
- You must not post or upload any Content or use the Website in a way that breaches any law.
- You must not post or upload any Content or use the Website in a way that is offensive, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, false, misleading or unreliable, or that brings or is likely to bring the Website or HOL into disrepute.
- You agree to not contribute Content that will infringe another user’s, organisation’s or person’s rights (including rights of privacy or publicity).
- Neither HOL nor any Provider moderates any Content posted to the Website. HOL accepts no responsibility for any Content, but reserves the right to remove/edit any Content at any time.
- You are wholly responsible for all Content posted by you on the Website and for materials (including but not limited to emails) sent by you in connection to the Website.
- Please let us know immediately by contacting us at email@example.com if any of these rules are broken by you or other users, or if you have any concerns about material posted to the Website.
- Using your access to the Website to send unsolicited bulk email or spam is forbidden.
- We and/or any Provider reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and/or membership of the HOL network immediately at any time.
- We and/or any Provider reserve the right to edit, or require you to edit, Content posted to the Website at any time.
- If your use of the Website (including of any Opportunities or other services offered through it by HOL, any Provider or other organisation), uploading of Content or breach of these Terms and Conditions creates losses for HOL, you will compensate HOL for all its losses (including direct and indirect losses, all costs and damages).
- If your access to the Website is terminated or suspended for any reason, you must not access the Website or any other HOL website without our prior consent.
HOL values your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the policy set out below.
- Information about you
a) We may collect personal information from you when you:
register on the Website;
post Content to the Website;
enquire about the Website, our services, the Opportunities and/or about us;
request or share information through the Website;
register for any of our newsletters, mailing lists or events through the Website; and/or
contact us through the Website, or any other channel.
(b) This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
your date of birth
your name (including your first name(s) and surname) and current postal address
your email address
your phone number
other details about you that you or others provide to us
photos of you that you or others provide to us.
- Our use of this information
(a) Your personal information will only be used by us to:
process your requests;
respond to your questions or comments;
provide or administer activities relating to HOL’s services or the services offered on the Website, including the Opportunities;
display on the Website or any other website or marketing material owned or operated by HOL any Content (in particular any photos or comments on Opportunities which you or others have uploaded to the Website); provide you with information relating to HOL, the Website, the Opportunities or our services, or that we feel may be of interest to you;
maintain our organisational records;
carry out research including evaluation carried out for us by another organisation or prepare reports; and supply your information to third parties as described in paragraph 2 (c) below.
(b) If you do not want to receive information from us contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) Any personal information that you provide when you use the Website may be shared with third parties, including but not limited to:
- providers of support services to HOL, but only if the sharing of your personal information is necessary for the purpose of delivering the Programme;
- Providers, where you have expressed an interest in or have applied for one of their Opportunities, but only for the purpose of delivering the Programme;
- companies or organisations that are carrying out work on HOL’s behalf, in relation to the Programme; and
- members of the public that access the Website who are able to view the details of your your Content. However members of the public will not be able to view your name, email or other contact details (although they will be able to view your Content).
(d) If you do not want your personal information, Content or information about the Opportunities you have participated in provided by you to be displayed on the Website, or if you wish us to remove your Content from the Website, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
- Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this.
HOL takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information but where third parties are concerned accepts no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
(a) A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a website user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie.
(b) The types of cookie we use are “session cookies”, which keep track of information you have entered or looked at as you travel from page to page within the Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a short time of you leaving the Website. We do not use other types of cookie that track your internet activity after leaving the Website.
(d) Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
- Other Information
(a) If you would like us to correct or update any information about you, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) Should you ever have any questions or concerns regarding a Provider or an Opportunity that you wish to raise, HOL will keep your name confidential in the exploration of such matters.
“Content” refers to any user generated content posted, attached or added to the Website including but not limited to any commentary, emails, information, screenshots, photographs, pictures, videos, text and artwork.
“House Rules” refers to the house rules that form part of these Terms and Conditions.
“Opportunity” or “Opportunities” refer to any volunteering activities (including but not limited to projects and events) offered to users on the Website through a Provider.
“Providers” refers to HOL’s charity partners and other partner organisations who provide volunteering activities to users through the Website.
“Programme” refers to the volunteering programme run by HOL and facilitated through the Website (through which Providers can offer and arrange Opportunities for you).
“HOL”, “our”, “we” or “us” refer to HOL (for details about us please see below).
The “Website” refers to this website: www.handsonlondon.org.uk.
Hands On London (HOL)
We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under number 7407984 and registered charity number 1140291. Our registered office is at 63B Prince of Wales Mansions, Prince of Wales Drive, London, England, UK SW11 4BJ.
If you would like to contact us: please email email@example.com.