Date(s) - 12/07/2018
6:15 pm - 9:45 pm
The Yard is a space to explore new ideas, to nurture new talent and to share new experiences. The Yard has become an important key player in bringing contemporary culture to Hackney Wick.
The Yard is a registered charity (number 1144028) and there are a number of ways that you can work with us to keep our little bit of Hackney Wick alive with culture – volunteers play an important role in helping the theatre continue its work.
Volunteering at The Yard Theatre is a great experience for anyone looking for a career in the arts, anyone who has a love of the arts and it’s a wonderful way to meet new people. you can see performances for free.
If you have not volunteered at the theatre before, then the start time would be 6/6.15pm (for a briefing). If you have volunteered at the theatre before the start time is 7pm.
- Hackney Wick (5 mins walks) There are regular trains running East to Stratford and West to Dalston, Highbury & Islington and Richmond
- Stratford (15 mins walks)
Bus & Night Bus:
- 26, 30, 236, 276, 339 & 388
Parking on White Post Lane and Rothbury Road is metered and is free after 6:30. Make sure you always double check the meter.
DIRECTIONS FROM HACKNEY WICK OVERGROUND STATION
- The Yard is 2 minutes from Hackney Wick Overground station.
- When you exit the station, take a left.
- Take the first left at the corner onto White Post Lane and continue down the road.
- Keep walking through a gated entrance into Queen’s Yard.
- Take a right at your earliest opportunity.
- The entrance to The Yard is on your right.
DIRECTIONS FROM STRATFORD TUBE/RAIL/DLR/OVERGROUND STATION
The Yard is a 15 minute walk from Stratford through the Olympic Park or you can take the 339 bus (towards Shadwell) from Stratford Bus Station (stop X) to White Post Lane (stop F).
- If you’re walking then exit the station and head up the escalators straight ahead of you (behind the Link card machines).
- At the top, follow the route round to your right (towards John Lewis).
- At John Lewis you should be able to see Westfield Avenue and the entrance to the Olympic Park. Cross the road and take a right so that the Olympic Park is on your left.
- Follow Westfield Avenue Road round onto Waterden Road. You will cross over a bridge and you then want to take a left down Clarnico Lane.
- Follow the road down and take a right at the T-Junction onto Loop Road.
- When you walk over the canal bridge you should see The White Building straight ahead of you.
- Pass the White Building and continue along until you reach the entrance to Queen’s Yard.
- Enter Queen’s Yard and The Yard is immediately on your left.
Bookings are closed for this event.